The image shown is for illustrative purposes only. Actual product may vary.
CRC Prime It - Red Oxide Primer is a single pack penetrating shop primer with high levels of anti-corrosive zinc complexes. It is formulated for the protection of structural steel and iron and can be applied over clean or lightly rusted surfaces. It forms a durable protective coating with a red-oxide finish that does not require immediate overcoating, but can be overcoated at a later stage if desired.
Ongoing protection can be achieved through overcoating or simple recoating with CRC Prime It - Red Oxide Primer after 3 years, depending on conditions. Protection in extreme conditions may require re-application more frequently.
Features & Benefits
- Zinc enriched for corrosion protection – High levels of anti-corrosive zinc complexes
- Long-term protection – Up to 3 years outdoors before overcoating or recoating with CRC Prime It is necessary, depending on conditions
- Scratch resistant, durable – Withstands harsh outdoor conditions
- Compatible with most standard decorative paint systems for metals
- Ready to Use Aerosol – No additional mixing or chemical additives required. Easy application. No clean up.
- Red-oxide finish
- Lead and cadmium free
- MPI Approved C23
- CRC Prime It is ideal for use on bare steel and iron surfaces
- Structural steel or frames – Welded seams, spot welding repairs, rivet holes, signs and signposts, pipes, roofs
- Industrial – Equipment and machinery, machine housings
- Farm equipment – Tank stands, fences, gates, animal raceways in milking sheds and yards, farm implements and tractor draw bars, metal junction
- At home – On iron railings, roofing and spouting, gutters, radio and TV aerials, outdoor fixtures, hinges, fences and gates
|Dangerous Goods Class||2.1.2A|
|Temperature Range||Up to 120°C|
|Touch Dry||30 minutes|
|Time to Overcoat (without sanding)||1-8 hours|
|Time to Overcoat (sanding required)||Overnight|
|Theoretical Coverage||Up to 2m2/aerosol can|
|Reapplication period indoors||Not required|
|Reapplication period outdoors||Up to 3 years, depending on conditions|
|Clean up with||Mineral turpentine, spraying thinner|